- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed (I like it garlicky – you can use less)
- 1 in (2.5 cm) piece of ginger, grated
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tsp dried turmeric (optional)
- 2 carrots, (courgette)
- ¼ butternut squash (pumpkin), chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable stock or broth
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 zucchinis (courgette)
- Wash and prepare, chop and slice vegetables.
- Heat oil in large pot and sauté over a low heat the onions, garlic, ginger, celery until translucent.
- Add in the turmeric, carrots and pumpkin and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except zucchini) and bring to the boil then turn down the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Use a spiralizer to cut the zucchini into small noodles or use a mandolin to slice finely into ribbons then chop longways.
- Add in the zoodles and mix through the soup for a few minutes then serve immediately.
- Brown onion – scallions, spring onion, leek
- Celery – celeriac root, daikon
- Carrots – pumpkin, sweet potato
- Butternut squash (pumpkin) – sweet potato, pumpkin
- Broccoli – brussels sprouts, kale, spinach
- Zucchini – brown rice noodles, quinoa
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- Nutrition per serving:
- Saturated Fat0,5g
- Protein 2g
Tags: Broccoli, Carrot, celery, courgette, low calorie soup, reboot friendly, reboot-friendly soup, Vegan soup, Vegetable broth, vegetable soup, zoodle, zoodle recipe, Zucchini