Once you throw the word vegan in front of something people just lose their cool. Like anything vegan is automatically made with wheatgrass, sticks, and granola. Not true !! Vegan can be delicious to ...
Author: Paula Forrest
Recipe type: Main Dish, Vegan
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 jar prepared tomato sauce
- 1 pkg firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegan or traditional Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, set aside in a small bowl of cool water to keep from sticking.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, and spray a 11 x 6 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium-sized pot over medium heat.
- Add oil and chopped vegetables and cook 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add garlic, oregano, basil, and salt and pepper. Add balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- In a bowl of a food processor, add tofu, vinegar, and salt. Pulse 4-5 times or until mixture is soft and crumbly, or resembles ricotta cheese.
- Pour ¼ of the tomato sauce in prepared casserole dish. Lay 3 of the noodles on top, and add ⅓ of the tofu and ⅓ of the vegetable mixture spreading evenly.
- Repeat the process 2 more times. Top with the remaining tomato sauce and optional Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Deglutify: Use certified GF lasagna noodles.
Carnivorize: Use regular ricotta and Parmesan cheese.