These vegan gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are ready in only 30 minutes and they are so much healthier than store bought. You need to try them!
Author: Minimal Eats
Recipe type: Breakfast, Dessert
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
- 2 tablespoons flax seed + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup oat flour (120 grams)*
- 1½ cup rolled oats (150 grams)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup agave syrup (100 grams)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 355 º F or 180 º C.
- Add the flax seeds and the water in a blender, blend and keep it aside.
- Place the oatmeal, rolled oats, ground cinnamon, mashed banana, agave syrup and the flax eggs (flax seeds + water) in a bowl and mix all the ingredients.
- Scoop the dough (about 1.5 tablespoons each) onto baking sheet with baking paper. Press down on the dough mounds with your hands or a tablespoon to slightly flatten.
- Add the chocolate chips and bake the cookies until golden brown (for about 15 or 20 minutes).
- Remove and let set for about 5 minutes on the pan. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack until they are cool.
* You can make your own oat flour, grounding oats with a grinder, a blender or a food processor.
Serving size: 1 cookie Calories: 88 Fat: 2.1 g Saturated fat: 0.7 g Carbohydrates: 15.7 g Sugar: 5.3 g Fiber: 2.2 g Protein: 2.6 g