Why Grapefruit?For one thing, grapefruit is filled to the brim with vitamin C. Vitamin C significantly boosts the immune system and helps shorten colds. Cut away the skin, but leave the white pulpy rind as this is packed with helpful nutrients. Read on in order to learn more about the many benefits of grapefruit.
1. An Incredible Lift to the Immune SystemCopious amounts of vitamin C helps prevent or fight the common cold. There are some indicators that vitamin C may also protect against cancers of the mouth and stomach. Grapefruit also combat free radicals that can reek havoc in the body. Cancer, stroke, and heart attack may all related to unchecked free radicals.
2. Kidney Stone Prevention
Kidney stones are usually a build up of calcium, once developed these stones must either pass through the urethra or broken up medically. Anyone who has had a kidney stone can relate an extremely painful condition. The greatest benefit can be reaped through drinking up to a liter of grapefruit juice daily.
3. Natural Fat BurnerGrapefruit that burns fat is not a simple rumor or fad. Scientific researchreveals the amazing power of this wonderful breakfast or anytime fruit. Simply enjoy a glass of grapefruit juice or half of a grapefruit before each meal to reap the benefits. Those who participated in the experiment lost up to four pounds in twelve weeks.
4. Charge Up Your MetabolismGrapefruit also speeds up your metabolism, supporting your efforts to lose weight. Along with proper diet and exercise a metabolism lift can help you lose up to two pounds a week. An added benefit of a raised metabolism is that fat continues to burn even as you rest. Weight can be lost even faster and the healthier weight is maintained far more easily.
5. Liver CleanserHelp the liver by cleansing unhealthy toxins from the body. Drinking or eating grapefruit leads to feeling better. Detoxification of the liver is said to improve overall help alleviate symptoms of chronic conditions, such as, depression, stiff muscles, and chronic headaches. Dangerous toxins that affect our health are all around us, a cleansing can help eliminate some of these deadly toxins.
6. Assists in Protecting Against Prostate CancerRich in antioxidants that attack carcinogens that lurk in the prostrate is another benefit of consuming grapefruit. Research appears to indicate that the fruit even repairs damaged cells at the DNA level. Prostate cancer is the most common in men, the second leading cause of death after lung cancer. Enjoy regularly with a healthy diet to combat and prevent this disease.
7. Lung Cancer Prevention Research shows that grapefruit is also a preventive of and fights against lung cancer. Consuming three 6 ounce glasses daily has been shown to reverse the harm done by cigars and cigarettes in smokers. Grapefruit activates enzymes that fight against the deadly disease. Pink grapefruit has been shown to be especially effective in lung cancer prevention.8. Reduces Bad CholesterolStudies indicate that LDL, the bad cholesterol, was lowered by 15% with regular grapefruit consumption. Blond grapefruit was found to be more beneficial than red. Triglycerides, another form of bad cholesterol, were found to be lowered 17%. Benefits were seen after only a month when at-risk patients added it to their diet.
9. Gum Disease
Scientists found that eating two grapefruit a day prevents and can reverse damage caused by gum disease. The conclusion was that free radicals are not formed when grapefruit is added to the diet. Left untreated or undiagnosed gum disease can lead to oral cancer. Gum disease can also lead to bacteria that damage the heart.