Just one sip is enough to put us in the holiday spirit. However, we’d rather save our calories for the sweeter things at the dinner table this year.
In an effort to combat the holiday bloat, we put a twist on the classic drink for all of our dairy-free friends out there.
This vegan eggnog is made with fresh almond milk and sweetened with dates. It’s so good, we promise you won’t miss the real thing. SIMPLE VEGAN EGGNOG
You just need 10 minutes to make this simple vegan eggnog, which is so creamy, sweet and tasty. It's the perfect Christmas or Thanksgiving drink!
Author: Simple Vegan Blog
If you want to cleanse, lose body fat, boost energy and help reverse disease, then adding natural detox drinks to your diet can help you improve your quality of life … fast!
Try this Secret Detox drink recipe for fast results:Apple Cider Vinegar is full of enzymes and good bacteria. It contains acetic acid, which has been shown to lower blood pressure up to 6 percent. It can also help eat up the starches if you do eat grains in your diet. (I use Bragg – Apple Cider Vinegar.)
Lemon juice helps balance blood sugar and has an alkaline effect on your body helping to regulate PH. It also contains vitamin C.
Cinnamon is one of the best antioxidants on the planet. It’s the number one herb/spice for balancing blood sugar.
I recommend consuming this drink three times daily 20 minutes before meals for two weeks, then consuming it one time a day before breakfast or lunch.
Total Time: 2 minutesServes: 1
1 glass of water (12-16 oz.)
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Cinnamon
Nutrition FactsNutritional score: 89 out of 100
NameAmount% DailyCalories132 5 %
Protein1.7 g3 %
Fat5 g6 %
Carbohydrates25 g7 %
Dietary Fiber5 g14 %
Calcium17 mg2 %
Iron0.86 mg7 %
Sodium77 mg3 %
The Benefits of TurmericTurmeric is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family. The average person may best recognize turmeric as a spice commonly used in Indian cuisine. The active compound curcumin is known to have a wide range of medicinal benefits including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antitumour, antibacterial, and antiviral activities. In India, turmeric has been used for thousands of years as a remedy for stomach and liver ailments. Turmeric can also be used topically to heal sores due to its antimicrobial properties.
Turmeric is also the liver’s favorite spice and helps boost liver detox. It does this by assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary carcinogens. Be sure to check how powerful turmeric can be in treating depression as well.
Turmeric Smoothie Recipe Ingredients:For these ingredients, try and use organic as much as possible. Also try not to substitute actual milk for hemp or coconut milk. If you need, you can try almond milk as well.
Mango Health Benefits:
1. Prevents Cancer:
Antioxidant compounds in mango fruit have been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
2. Lowers Cholesterol:
The high levels of fiber helps to lower bad cholesterol levels.
3. Clears the Skin:
Can be used both internally and externally for the skin. Mangoes can aid in clearing clogged pores and eliminate pimples.
4. Eye Health:
Mangoes supplies promotes good eyesight and help prevent night blindness and dry eyes.
5. Alkalizes the Whole Body:
Mangoes help to maintain the alkali reserve of the body.
6. Helps in Diabetes:
Mango leaves help normalize insulin levels in the blood. The traditional home remedy involves boiling leaves in water, soaking through the night and then consuming the filtered decoction in the morning. Mango fruit also have a relatively low glycemic index (41-60) so moderate quantities will not spike your sugar levels.
7. Improved Sex:
Eating mangoes have been linked to improving sex drive.
8. Improves Digestion:
The fiber in mangoes also helps digestion and elimination.
9. Remedy for Heat Stroke
Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm to the body.
10. Boosts Immune system
Mangoes keep your immune system healthy and strong.
Why Grapefruit?For one thing, grapefruit is filled to the brim with vitamin C. Vitamin C significantly boosts the immune system and helps shorten colds. Cut away the skin, but leave the white pulpy rind as this is packed with helpful nutrients. Read on in order to learn more about the many benefits of grapefruit.
1. An Incredible Lift to the Immune SystemCopious amounts of vitamin C helps prevent or fight the common cold. There are some indicators that vitamin C may also protect against cancers of the mouth and stomach. Grapefruit also combat free radicals that can reek havoc in the body. Cancer, stroke, and heart attack may all related to unchecked free radicals.
2. Kidney Stone Prevention
Kidney stones are usually a build up of calcium, once developed these stones must either pass through the urethra or broken up medically. Anyone who has had a kidney stone can relate an extremely painful condition. The greatest benefit can be reaped through drinking up to a liter of grapefruit juice daily.
3. Natural Fat BurnerGrapefruit that burns fat is not a simple rumor or fad. Scientific researchreveals the amazing power of this wonderful breakfast or anytime fruit. Simply enjoy a glass of grapefruit juice or half of a grapefruit before each meal to reap the benefits. Those who participated in the experiment lost up to four pounds in twelve weeks.
4. Charge Up Your MetabolismGrapefruit also speeds up your metabolism, supporting your efforts to lose weight. Along with proper diet and exercise a metabolism lift can help you lose up to two pounds a week. An added benefit of a raised metabolism is that fat continues to burn even as you rest. Weight can be lost even faster and the healthier weight is maintained far more easily.
5. Liver CleanserHelp the liver by cleansing unhealthy toxins from the body. Drinking or eating grapefruit leads to feeling better. Detoxification of the liver is said to improve overall help alleviate symptoms of chronic conditions, such as, depression, stiff muscles, and chronic headaches. Dangerous toxins that affect our health are all around us, a cleansing can help eliminate some of these deadly toxins.
6. Assists in Protecting Against Prostate CancerRich in antioxidants that attack carcinogens that lurk in the prostrate is another benefit of consuming grapefruit. Research appears to indicate that the fruit even repairs damaged cells at the DNA level. Prostate cancer is the most common in men, the second leading cause of death after lung cancer. Enjoy regularly with a healthy diet to combat and prevent this disease.
7. Lung Cancer Prevention Research shows that grapefruit is also a preventive of and fights against lung cancer. Consuming three 6 ounce glasses daily has been shown to reverse the harm done by cigars and cigarettes in smokers. Grapefruit activates enzymes that fight against the deadly disease. Pink grapefruit has been shown to be especially effective in lung cancer prevention.8. Reduces Bad CholesterolStudies indicate that LDL, the bad cholesterol, was lowered by 15% with regular grapefruit consumption. Blond grapefruit was found to be more beneficial than red. Triglycerides, another form of bad cholesterol, were found to be lowered 17%. Benefits were seen after only a month when at-risk patients added it to their diet.
9. Gum Disease
Scientists found that eating two grapefruit a day prevents and can reverse damage caused by gum disease. The conclusion was that free radicals are not formed when grapefruit is added to the diet. Left untreated or undiagnosed gum disease can lead to oral cancer. Gum disease can also lead to bacteria that damage the heart.